[Shootout-list] Ray tracer

Dave davejf@frontiernet.net
Sun, 19 Jun 2005 13:06:31 -0500

[removed for brevity]

> Do you think we should have all of the optimisations in all of the
> implementations or do you like my idea of prioritising optimising for
> programs <100LOC and shrinking for programs >100LOC is better?

Let's forget this damn 100 LOC limit *except as it was originally
intended* - to be a guideline for new ideas to make it into the sandbox.

Are people taking this stuff way too seriously, or what?

Just keep the implementation rules and suggestions simple - after a program
is moved out of the sandbox let the implementors submit code reflecting what
is important to them.

We're all volunteers here - the best way to kill the Shootout would be to
make things more complicated than they already are.

[removed for brevity]