[Splashy-devel] Splashy 0.2 to be released today

Luis lemsx1 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 10:16:59 UTC 2006

Hello all,

Please take a few seconds to test the release of Splashy 0.2.x today.
The source code is the one currently in "trunk".

I'll upload the tarball (bz2) and sample debian packages to Alioth
(http://splashy.alioth.debian.org/debian). I'll do a software release
only on our Alioth project page
(http://alioth.debian.org/projects/splashy) and will upload the debian
packages when Otavio uploads the source code to Sid.

The rationale behind this release is:

- we need to join efforts behind the 0.4.x branch
- initramfs bug is significant enough for Splashy not to be included
in Etch with initramfs on. So, Splashy 0.2.x will be part of Etch but
initramfs is marked as "experimental" so, it will be turned off by
default
- there are already a lot of changes (new features and bug fixes) on trunk

Otavio and I discussed briefly that release last Sunday. We agreed
this is the best route to take to continue to push the project
forward.

The 0.3.x part of Splashy already have a lot of new and exciting things waiting:
* libsplashy
* GSplashy (graphical configuration)
* better socket support

etc.

You guys can start merging the relevant files back into 0.3.x. I'll
tag the software shortly.

Please test and let me know if you find any last minute issues.

--
Luis Mondesi

Kiskeyix.org

"We think basically you watch television to turn your brain off, and
you work on your computer when you want to turn your brain on" --
Steve Jobs in an interview for MacWorld Magazine 2004-Feb

No .doc: http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.es.html