[Splashy-devel] Splashy almost ready to release on git repository

Luis Mondesi lemsx1 at gmail.com
Thu May 29 05:24:21 UTC 2008

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 12:15 PM, Niko Cavallini Araya <niko.cava at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 9:41 PM, Luis Mondesi <lemsx1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >    - also, Splashy does not get displayed during shutdown (which is odd).
> > guess the system goes to reboot/halt too fast for it to have time to
> launch?
>
> I sorry to say that this is not only fom console, after yesterdays git
> changes splashy
> is absent form shutdown at all for me (gdm or console).
>
> Also remember I said that I had artifacts only with vga=792 well it
> seems I was wrong,
> I got artifacts with 791 to. It may be a change in libdirectfb.
> (debian sid i386)

Good. All the bugs have finally been ironed out. The artifacts are something
that we will need to address later as this is more of a directfb bug than
Splashy's. (We need to know for certain what triggers it).

I've committed the code to Git and everything is ready to start the release
process. The only thing I'm inclined to do is to test Splashy with very
simple scripts on ArchLinux. After this I'll follow the release procedure
and update all needed documentation appropriately.

We should not wait this long to release another version ever again!

--
Luis Mondesi

----- START ENCRYPTED BLOCK (Triple-ROT13) ------
Gur Hohagh [Yvahk] qvfgevohgvba oevatf gur fcvevg bs Hohagh gb gur fbsgjner
jbeyq.
----- END ENCRYPTED BLOCK (Triple-ROT13) ------