[Splashy-users] Splasy tries to set invalid framebuffer mode

Rob Walker rob at tenfoot.org.uk
Sun Nov 12 14:40:55 CET 2006

On Saturday 11 November 2006 16:37, Luis wrote:
> Hello Rob,
>
> Splashy uses the framebuffer from the kernel. Check the Splashy README
> file for information about resolution and refresh rates. You might
> also want to check the framebuffer documentation for the kernel:
> Documentation/fb.txt (?).
>
> An example:
>
> video=radeonfb:1024x768-32 at 100
>
> That tells the kernel to use radeonfb driver with 1024x768 resolution,
> at 32 bits (for alpha) and 100Hz resolution.
>
> Regards

If I don't use splashy, the kernel switches to the correct resolution and uses
a refresh rate of 60Hz or 75Hz for the console.  I'm using the matroxfb
driver, which allows me to set the refresh rate with fv:75.  Even if I add
this option, splashy still tries to set an invalid refresh rate of 95Hz.

Regards

Rob