[Splashy-users] User interaction during boot?

Moritz Schulte Moritz.Schulte at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Nov 15 21:26:31 CET 2006

Hi all,

> > i'm curious: does Splashy support some kind of user interaction during
> > boot?

> The current (stable) release of Splashy does not. But we are working
> on that on the branch that will become Splashy 0.4.x.

I'm sorry to say that because of missing time slices it's not possible
for me to add Splashy hacking to my TODO list.  But i would appreciate
it if you could keep me up to date in this matter.  As soon as splashy
is able to do user interaction, I want to make sure that harddisk
encryption, in combination with the OpenPGP smartcard, works as it
should - with a graphical pinentry during boot.

I think this would be a really great feature for GNU/Linux systems.

Thank,
Moritz