[Splashy-users] autochange background image

Xun xun at lavabit.com
Wed Dec 17 13:58:20 UTC 2008

Hi everyone,

I would like to have a splash screen with a different image on every
boot. The idea is, to pass the boot time with a new comic strip on every
startup. I tried to realize that with usplash (wrote a shell script to
download a new comic strip, create a png with it and compile the .so
file) but that only works if i update initramfs every time. So i only
have the choice to give the script admin rights and type my password on
every startup or lower my system security by changing the write access
for /boot. As i couldnt find a way around this with usplash i am looking
for alternatives.
Is this possible with splashy without updating initramfs after every
update of the used image?