[Teammetrics-discuss] GSoC2013 and Debian Metrics

Boris Bobrov breton.linux at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 11:59:13 UTC 2013

Hello.

I've got a couple of questions about Debian Metrics Portal project for
GSoC2013; I am not sure, whom should I address them, so sending to mailing
list and Stefano directly.

1. One of the Deliverables of the project is
"standardized interface to add/remove metrics to be graphed (possibly with
different sampling rate)"
Where does the data to be graphed come from? Is it only UDD or there can be
other sources?

2. Last year project was to create an API for metrics and as I see, there was
some work on it (origin/web-flask branch in git repo). How did it go? Do I need
to do some integration with it? Does the portal require to have some API, or
all tasks will be done by humans?

3. Python templating engine (e.g. genshi, jinjia2, etc.) for the static part
is suggested to be used. Why not use django templates?