[Utnubu-discuss] SchafKopf for Debian?

Frank S. Thomas frank at thomas-alfeld.de
Wed Aug 10 14:25:33 UTC 2005

Hi Joachim,

Joachim Breitner wrote:

> Sounds like a good idea. I for myself don't use KDE, so if anyone else
> on this list would like to sponsor Frank, he is welcome. If no one steps
> up, though, I'll do it.
Thanks, for the offer!

> Frank, do you have to change the package for Debian, or will it be the
> same one?

It will be the same one. A glance at Ubunut's diff.gz shows me that the only
modification compared to my original Debian package was a rebuilt for the new
C++ ABI.

> In the latter case you can even consider only uploading to
> debian and let ubuntu pull it from there, which eases the burdeon on the
> uploader (in this case Daniel Holbach) and keeps Ubuntu and Debian
> close.

Yes, this was my actual intention too.

So, what happens next? Should schafkopf's debian dir be imported into Utnubu's
subversion repository? Currently it is managed in my local subversion
repository. If you need my Alioth name, it's fst-guest.

Grüße,
Frank