[Utnubu-discuss] First package - Version handling?

Joachim Breitner nomeata at debian.org
Tue Sep 6 15:37:17 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'd like to finally get the first utnubu team package in Debian.
timer-applet is a good candidate, as it is a zero-hassle package :-)

Ubuntu package, that are not debian, get a <upstream-version>-0ubuntu0,
-0ubuntu1, -0ubuntu2 etc. version. What should we do when we adopt a
package to Debian?

Ubuntu-Version: -0ubuntu0
 a) -1
 b) -0ubuntu0
 c) -0ubuntu0-utnubu0

a)
Pro: Looks nice
Con: Hides original origin

b)
Pro: Looks ok, shows origin
Con: Same as in Ubuntu, although we changed at least the Maintainer
field

c)
Pro: Shows complete package path, further versions by us work nice
Con: Ugly ashell

Comments?
Joachims
--