[Utnubu-discuss] Utnubu superfluous? Re: [Utnubu-svn-commits] r143 - in /report-scripts: doitall.sh scottwatcher/

Gustavo Franco gustavorfranco at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 03:29:29 UTC 2006

On 7/19/06, Lucas Nussbaum <lucas at lucas-nussbaum.net> wrote:
> On 19/07/06 at 19:17 -0300, Gustavo Franco wrote:
> > >
> > >I think I fully agree with what you state in your email.
> > >We can work more fully after Etch is released.
> > >

> > Sure, but before Etch we can slowly move forward with the current
> > infrastructure we've. Some of my ideas:
> >
> > - Publish in a structured manner the packages that are in Ubuntu and
> > not in Debian with support for add comments. Note that in the near
> > future it can be a tracker in wotomae[0]. I need to ask arnau and buxy
> > about this;
>
> I already have scripts able to list such packages easily. Their output
> could easily be put into a database a something. If something dedicates
> some time to the database + editing part, I'll find some to adapt the
> scripts so they fit in this architecture.

Sounds good Lucas. I think we can do some tests during wotomae
development to see how the stuff can fit together. I'll check the
wotomae status and if we already can do these tests.

wotomae can be the "database + editing part". This is a more generic
tracker (good to track transitions), probably utnubu will be a
permanent transition, but it should be ok there too. This is a Google
SoC project being developed by Arnaud Fontaine (arnau). Raphael
Hertzog (buxy) is the mentor, or something like that, right buxy?

thanks,
-- stratus