[Webmin-maintainers] modern perl practices

Jaldhar H. Vyas Jaldhar H. Vyas" <jaldhar@debian.org
Fri, 17 Dec 2004 07:49:06 -0500 (EST)

Jamie,

I believe you said once that the reason for the style of perl coding in
webmin is because of the wide range of platforms it has to support not all
of which might have an uptodate version of perl.  However we noticed that
web-lib.pl includes at least one "my" variable -- a perl 5 feature.  Was
that an oversight or are you abandoning the idea of supporting really old
perl versions?  If the latter, would you be willing to accept a patch to
use strict everywhere and my variables?  Later on, perhaps bigger changes
could be made to bring webmin up to modern perl5 coding style but nothing
so drastic that it would require bleeding edge perl versions.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>